Montag, 8. Oktober 2012

Bobbi Brown’s Pretty Powerful Pink & Platinum Collection: Review and Swatches


Another set I bought in London is Bobbi Brown’s Pretty Powerful Pink & Platinum Collection. This set comes with a nice silver makeup bag which you can see in a photo below. Side note: Every time I pass near a place where they sell cosmetic bags I ask myself who actually buys them as you get them as a gift with your purchase. It retails for 50£ (63€/80$) but the day I bought it there was a 10% off- promotion going on so I got it a little bit cheaper.





It contains
  •           A Pot Rouge in “Powder Pink” (original size)
  •           A Lip Color in “Party Alice” (LE) (original size)
  •           A Metallic Long Wear Cream Shadow in “Brown Metal” (original size)
  •           A Long Wear Gel Liner in “Black Ink” (original size)
  •           A sample size of “Intensifying Mascara”
  •           A mini double-ended brush for eye shadow and liner



That is the bag included in the set.


Bobbi Brown is a brand which is new to me. I got my first item in June but I already love the brands’ concept. Most makeup of this brand you will find is neutral and not as colorful and bold as MAC’s Limited Editions, for example. After a phase of liking a striking makeup I do prefer a natural look most of the time.


The blush is a cream product. Pot Rouge comes in ten permanent shades and retails for 25$ / 28€ for 0.13 oz/ 3.8 ml. It is meant to double as a blush and a lipstick. Therefore it is described as an on-the-go product by the brand. It comes in a slim mirror compact, which I think is really nice especially if you use it as a lipstick on-the-go. Furthermore the packaging doesn’t waste any space in your cosmetic bag. As all Bobbi Brown products it is a black case with white lettering. I’m really into that puristic design. I don’t like designs that will take too much useless space in my bag (as her Shimmer Bricks, for example).
I never used a cream blush before but was curious about it. But I didn’t want to spend much money on it. I would have been sad if would not have liked. I really like the color; it is a neutral light burgundy red with a hint of pink in it. Once applied it doesn’t look that intense as in the pan and it creates a natural flush on the cheeks. I still have my application issues but I will continue exercising. At the moment, I am taking a MAC 187 stippling brush. The color lasted on me all day. 


The Lip Color in Party Alice is a limited edition. The permanent range offers more than 25 shades, with occasional extensions in limited editions. The lipsticks retail for 24$ / 25€ and you get 3.4 g of product, a usual lipstick size. The design is puristic as well and it is really similar to the Chanel lipstick packaging. I always have to double check the lipstick I chose because they are so alike.
The color of the lipstick is pretty similar to the Pot Rouge, as you can see in the swatch photo. For me it is a red that I dare to wear every day. It creates such a grown-up and chic look. I have the feeling that I just forgot about the magic a classic shade can have with all the exiting colors popping off. I love the formula. As I often lick over my lips or press them together, I’m looking for formulas that are long wearing. With this formula I know I can trust the product to last me some hours. I appreciate that it is fragrance free, or at least I don’t notice it. As it lasts long on the lips the product is abundant.

I wasn't as happy with the cream eye shadow as with the other products. It contains .12 oz. / 3.5 g and retails for 25$ / 28€. First, the color is very sheer, so it only serves as a soft shimmer wash, a highlighter or maybe a product to layer over other shades. But I experienced creasing shortly after applying it. I don't know if it's just me because everything creases if I don't use an eyeshadow base. But when a product claims itself as long-wearing I expect it to stay in place without the help of another product. 

The Gel Eyeliner is one of Bobbi Brown's bestselling products. Rightly! You can get it for 24$ / 23€ and you get .1 oz./ 3 g of product for your money. The color is very intense so no layering is required, which is the most important when using eyeliner, in my opinion. You can apply it with any liner brush, it will go on very smooth. The color sticks the whole day without moving! Great. I also have the color "Denim Ink" which is as compelling as black. You don't need much product and if you always close the container carefully it won't dry out. I have the other product for over one year now and it has still the same texture. You really get a great product here!


My two favorite products of the set are the lipstick and the eyeliner. They are highly pigmented, smooth in application and long lasting. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen